Tuesday 6 July 2010

Linkorama Tuesday 6th July

Inception, Shyamalan, Bioshock, And More!

Welcome back to Linkorama, looking at the days SciFi, Horror, and Fantasy news and reviews. Lets have a look at what drifted my way today, shall we?

Inception Review Roundup



Whilst I sit around and wait for someone to take me to see this film, the US Press Embargo seems to have been relaxed and reviews are spilling around the internet for your reading pleasure. Den Of Geek have done a roundup of some of the reviews, and JoBlo have their own review up already. To be honest, even if the reviews were all negative, I'd still be looking forward to it...

Jeph Loeb Talks Marvel TV



Jeph Loeb has taken the role of Executive Vice President of Marvel TV, organising who's going to direct TV shows based on Marvel properties, and which properties are going to make it. Over at Comic Book Resources, Loeb discusses the future plans for Marvel TV, and the possibilities for who they can get to direct the shows, with Joss Whedon, Damon Lindelof, Al Gough, and Miles Millar getting worthy mentions. I'd like to see the return of an X-Men TV series in all honesty, and Daredevil could be well suited to a gritty crime-drama style show. What about you guys? Who would you have?

Shyamalan Hears The Bad News...Not Too Bothered



The Vulture gave M. Night Shymalan a quick phonecall the other day, and broke the bad news to him. Critics really didn't like Avatar: The Last Airbender. Shyamalan wasn't aware of this, but doesn't seem too bothered...he's already working on the first draft for the second film in the possible trilogy, and the film itself seems to be taking in a fair amount of money from the target audience and their parents. To be perfectly honest, I only ever liked Unbreakable and The Sixth Sense, even if they were predictable...

Bioshock Movie Still In The Works



It's been two days since I completed Bioshock 2, and I've been all excited about the future possibilities for the series...and now this, confirmation that Bioshock The Movie is still in the works, though everybody is all up in arms about how expensive it'll be to make it anywhere near as good as the game. In all honesty, I'd actually prefer it if the film was just set in Rapture, but telling a different story...I doubt the film would ever capture the brilliance of the first game.

Fraggle Rock: The Film...Edgy? Adult?



You Bent My Wookie held an interview with future Fraggle Rock film director Cory Edwards, who revealed that Weinstein have been holding discussions about how to make the film more adult and 'edgy.' Edwards attempts to explain what is meant by 'edgy' but doesn't quite succeed...but I'm thinking they're all talking about the fact that anybody that remembers Fraggle Rock is now in their 20s or 30s, and won't appreciate a kids film so much...I still have to wonder how a Fraggle Rock film can work though.


That's all from me today...got anything to share? Let me know in the comments! Happy surfing.

2 comments:

  1. Not entirely sure what to think of the Fraggle Rock movie, I remember it fondly, it's still one of my favorites, but bringing it to the big screen? It seems like a hard task to me!

    The Bioshock movie, however, if they get that right I will be very pleased! And I agree, DD could make a great gritty cop-drama style TV series (so long as they do better with that series, than they did with the Witchblade one - goodGODS that one was awful.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Inception's concept alone is enough for me to want to see it. Albeit I'm too young and won't get into the cinema...

    And a Bioshock movie? If it has the same philosophical undertone which the games had I'd definitely go see that.

    ReplyDelete