Monday 6 June 2011

E3 2011 - EA Press Conference

Although I'm not at the event, thanks to the miracle of technology and the livestream of the important conferences by Spike TV, I'm able to give you almost full coverage of the latest announcements from E3 2011.

And so it is that I bring you the news from EA.





It'd be a pretty useless Press Conference on EA's part if they failed to show anything on Mass Effect 3, so wad'ya know? They kick start the conference with some awesome footage of Mass Effect 3 in action, giving us a look at the latest trailer for the game.

Mass Effect 3 has been given a North American release date of March 6th 2012, with the European release following 3 days later on March 9th.



Next up came EAs showing of the next Need for Speed title, The Run.

The latest addition to the long running series gives players the chance to leave their cars and head off on running missions. Gameplay looks tight, much tigether than previous games in the series, and the new gameplay feature is quite interesting.



BioWare once again steal the thunder by showing off the latest trailer for Star Wars: The Old Republic.

It's mostly footage that has been shown before, but it's enough to build up the hype once again.



Call me cynical here, but this trailer looked great until they revealed that it was for SSX: Deadly Descent. I'm just not that hyped about a snowboarding game, no matter how much they add to it.

A crashed plane in the mountains makes me think of a survival type game, which would've been cool...but EA once again proved that it's mostly only good at doing sports games.





Fifa 12 and Madden NFL 12 shown off, showing off the much hyped physics engine that EA have made for the games.

Another set of games I'm not particularly interested in, though they do look good for what they are.


Next up came the announcement of The Sims Social, a Sims game for Facebook.

I tried my best to find an image for this, or the trailer...but it would appear people are just as enthused for this as I am. It looked a bit naff if I'm honest.



Kingdoms of Amalur: The Reckoning was up next, and this game was a bit of a surprise for me.

I'd never heard of it, but it was announced a while back. This looks to be a fantasy game in the same veing as the Fable series, and this please me.

It looks as if it may even replace Fable as a loved fantasy hack-and-slash, given it seems to be succeeding where Fable is currently failing.



Overstrike came up next, the product of Insomniac teaming up with EA.

It looks quite funny, but no gameplay to show off I'm afraid. This was yet another surprise reveal for me, something I'll be keeping my eye on.



Battlefield 3. EA's response to the Modern Warfare series.

For people interested in these sorts of games, it looks pretty epic.

The multiplayer Beta for B3 will be open to all, and available in September of this year.


And that was all EA really had to showcase this year.

Kingdoms of Amalur, Overstrike, and obviously Mass Effect 3 were the biggest highlights of the conference. Amalur especially, as it could replace my obsession with the Fable series.

No comments:

Post a Comment